Ms. Cynthia J. Waterson has Practiced as a Special Needs Attorney for her entire legal career which began in 1997. Prior to becoming an attorney, she worked for 15 years in direct care programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and as a case manager for a California regional center. She is passionate about providing personalized advocacy and legal services to those who are the most vulnerable, including addressing the unique needs of individuals with disabilities. Her professional focus is in the areas of Special Needs and Elder Law.
Ms. Waterson especially enjoys assisting families in understanding and creating life plans for their loved ones. The development of these plans includes consultation about estate planning, special needs trusts, the ABLE Act, SSI, Medi-Cal, regional center services and Conservatorships. She will tailor your plan to meet the specific needs of your family member.
Additionally, she continues to consult with regional centers to provide advocacy services for their clients. She is available to share her extensive knowledge in this area to parent and support groups.
Ms. Waterson is married and blessed with a teenage son.
Areas of Practice
- Special Needs Law
- Elder Law
- Probate Conservatorships
- LPS Conservatorships
- Special Needs Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Power of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- ABLE Act
- Regional Center consultation
- Parent and Support Group Presentations
- California, 1997
- Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Juris Doctorate – 1997
- California State University, Long Beach, California
- Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Trusts & Estates Section
- Orange County Bar Association – Trusts & Estate Section; Conservatorship Section
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
Pro Bono Activities
- Public Law Center, Orange County
- Recipient of the 2016 Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award
- Probate Volunteer Panel (PVP) of the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Alliance for Children’s Rights Guardianship Project (Former Volunteer)
- State Bar Appointee to Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Orange County (2009-2016)