Cynthia J. Waterson
Cynthia J. Waterson, Esq.
Cindy Waterson began her Special Needs practice in 1997. Prior to becoming an attorney, she worked for 15 years in direct care programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and as a case manager for a California regional center. She is passionate about providing personalized advocacy and legal services to those who are the most vulnerable, including addressing the unique needs of individuals with disabilities. Her professional focus is in the areas of Special Needs Law.
Ms. Waterson especially enjoys assisting families in understanding and creating life plans for their loved ones. The development of these plans includes consultation about Estate Planning, Special Needs Trusts, the ABLE Act, SSI, Medi-Cal, Regional Center Services and Conservatorships.
She will tailor your plan to meet the specific needs of your family member. Additionally, she consults with regional centers to provide staff training, and advocacy services for their clients. She is available to share her extensive knowledge in this area to parent and support groups.
Ms. Waterson is married and blessed with a son.
Areas of Practice
- Special Needs Law
- Elder Law
- Limited Conservatorships
- General Conservatorships
- LPS Conservatorships
- Special Needs Trusts
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- The ABLE Act
- Regional Center Consultation
- Parent and Support Group Presentations
- California, 1997
- United States District Court, 2007
- Juris Doctorate – 1997 from Western State University College of Law, Fullerton, California
- Bachelor of Arts – 1983 from California State University, Long Beach
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Trusts & Estates Section
- Orange County Bar Association – Trusts & Estate Section; Conservatorship Section
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
Pro Bono Activities
- Public Law Center, Orange County (Present)
- Recipient of the 2016 Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award
- Court Appointed Counsel Panel (CAC) of the Los Angeles Superior Court (Present)
- Alliance for Children’s Rights Guardianship Project (Former Volunteer)
- State Bar Appointee to Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Orange County (2009-2016)
Waterson Huth & Associates is here to help. If you, a family member, or loved one needs an attorney to help navigate issues in the areas of Transition Planning, Conservatorship, Guardianship, Special Needs Trust, Estate Planning or Special Education, call us to schedule an appointment or complete the form below.