SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LAW FIRM
Waterson Huth & Associates
All children have a right to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). We provide legal representation at hearings, planning sessions, and school conferences.
A One-of-a-Kind Approach to Helping Special Education Students Obtain a FAPE
Did you know that most special education disputes with a school district arise because of an inadequately written IEP? Waterson Huth & Associates specializes in addressing special education issues at the root – the IEP document itself. Often IEP meetings seem like a formality, but understanding exactly how your child’s IEP should be written as mandated by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is the key to ensuring that your child makes progress at school. With a background in Special Education as well as the IDEA, our Special Education Attorney, Nora Asahara, combines her experience and knowledge of both disciplines to provide the family of a child with special needs a comprehensive course of action.
Waterson Huth & Associates provides representation at IEP meetings, resolution sessions, mediation, and due process hearings, as well as on-going consultations. We will work with you to come up with an advocacy plan that works best for you. You will not only receive help resolving issues with your child’s educational program, but you will also learn advocacy strategies that are specific to your child’s needs. Our goal is to give you the knowledge and confidence in the IEP process so that you won’t have to hire an attorney again.
Benefits of our services:
- Families of students in special education receive first-rate representation at IEP meetings, resolution sessions, mediation, and due process hearings.
- You will become able to recognize and tackle problems with special education services before they escalate.
- Learn how to scrutinize every part of your child’s IEP and see to it that all of your concerns are addressed.
- Know what questions to ask at IEP meetings.
- Have a full understanding of your child’s goals and objectives – how they are developed, how they are measured, and how to make sure they are working for your child.
- You will receive information about representation costs and time-frames for your situation up front, no surprises.
- Receive help with requesting services such as speech therapy, occupational therapy, and behavioral therapy and ensure they are provided appropriately.
Consulting: We offer consulting services for regional centers, and are available to facilitate presentations for parent groups, and school district parent meetings.
Waterson Huth & Associates is here to help. If you, a family member, or loved one needs an attorney to help navigate issues in the areas of Transition Planning, Conservatorship, Guardianship, Special Needs Trust, Estate Planning or Special Education, call us to schedule an appointment or complete the form below.